HR Generalist I
About our Company
Founded in 2015, M4D LLC is a premier design, developer, and manufacturer of neurovascular medical device technologies. Our mission is to improve and save people’s lives by innovating and integrating medical device technologies into marketable therapies. We are passionate about our commitment to manufacturing quality products and proud about our contributions to the healthcare community. Our ability to work creatively and swiftly allows us to continuously innovate and deliver on our mission!
If you are someone looking to make an impact on people’s lives, passionate about being innovative, and want to partner with outstanding talent, we would like for you to join us! You would be an excellent fit if you are a self-starter, result-driven, adaptable, highly organized, innovative thinker, enjoy collaboration, and solutions oriented.
Summary of Position
We are hiring a HR Generalist I to join our team and play a critical role in leading our Human Resources department.
The HR Generalist is responsible for aligning company objectives with employees and managers. This position will also manage employee benefits coordination, LOA (leave of absence) processing and other facets of the job. This individual will be a motivated individual who thrives on meeting deadlines, attentive to detail, and overall enjoys enhancing the employee experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job task satisfactorily. The tasks listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Consults with managers and employees, providing HR guidance when appropriate
• Analyzes trends in HR to develop new solutions, programs, and policies
• Administrates COBRA, LOA, FMLA, global leaves, and other issues as required by regulations and legal standards
• Manages Benefits open enrollment on a yearly basis
• Resolves employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administration concerns
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring compliance
• Partners with the legal counsel as needed
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
• Sits in and assists managers with performance appraisal discussions
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
• Manages vendor relationships such as Benefits broker and future HRIS vendor management
• Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning
• Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements
• Coordinate open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs
• Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
• Assist with payroll processing
• Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies
• Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation
• Develop and maintain talent management processes and develop effective recruitment strategies
• Monitor employee morale and company culture
• Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions
• Maintain employee personnel records
• Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education / Job Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years of HR related experience
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including employee benefits practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to move within and between the buildings. A computer terminal is used to access, input, and retrieve data. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
$65k to $80k per year.
Interested in applying? Fill out the attached application and attach with your resume.